In the midst of the Shenandoah Valley, you’ll find the quaint and historic town of Harrisonburg. Here, the downtown area continues to be wonderfully restored year after year, attracting great local businesses and visitors year-round. As this ideal Virginia destination continues to grow, so does the opportunity for shopping in Harrisonburg, VA
. During your visit, don’t miss your chance to check out some of Harrisonburg’s shopping centers and quaint stores selling everything from boutique clothing styles to rare books. Here are some great places for shopping in Harrisonburg, VA!
8 Great Places for Shopping in Harrisonburg, VA
- Oasis This fine art and craft gallery is Harrisonburg’s premier artist cooperative and is even part of the city’s Arts and Cultural District. You’ll find a diverse creative experience representing many of the valley’s foremost artists, and you can also buy beautiful handmade art. There is a variety of things on display from pottery, jewelry, fiber art, wood, metal, glass, paintings, and photography.
- Downtown Books This quirky bookstore is a dream come true for any bookworm. They carry used books, CDs, DVDs, postcards, and cards. Plus, this independent bookstore is a great place to search for rare volumes and those classics you have yet to cross off your reading list.
- Rocktown Gift Shoppe Located within the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center, this is the ideal destination to find gifts and souvenirs with a local flair. While carrying the typical candies and mementos, you can also find a wide assortment of unique Virginia goods that are quite literally the fruits of the area. Don’t leave town without an assortment of jams, jellies, syrups, honey, spices, and more. Another great place to find authentic local products is at the Harrisonburg Farmers Market.
- The Valley Mall Harrisonburg offers a diverse shopping experience at the Valley Mall where you’re sure to find all your favorite stores from Belk and Dick’s, to PacSun and American Eagle. The Harrisonburg Shopping Mall is the perfect place to get all the essentials for next season. Don’t forget to check the Harrisonburg Valley Mall hours before your visit as they do change seasonally.
- Shenandoah Bicycle Company If you’re looking to explore Harrisonburg on two wheels, make sure to check out this great bike shop. The Shenandoah Bicycle Company will be more than happy to hook you up with a scenic transportation experience that you’ll remember forever.
- Artisan’s Hope This shop in downtown Harrisonburg features food and crafts from around the world. The major focus of their products is that all of them are fair trade or created in ways that have positive social impacts with minimal environmental damage to the areas in which they’re made.
- The Isle Co. Formerly known as Isle of Candles, this Harrisonburg store in the Kroger Shopping Center started with soy lotion candles and is continuing to expand their beauty product line: soy lotion bars and melts, shea butter soaps, and glitter necklace scarves.
- Ten Thousand Villages in Harrisonburg Similar to Artisan’s Hope, Ten Thousand Villages works to lift as many people out of poverty as possible through market-based efforts, like selling products from diverse areas of the world in their shops. You never know what you’ll find on a visit to this exotic shop!
Plan Your Shopping Day This Vacation
In addition to shopping in Harrisonburg, VA, many people enjoy visiting historical sites and seeing the sights of the Shenandoah Valley. So, after a long day come back to our Shenandoah bed and breakfast
to relax and rejuvenate. And, for more ideas of things to do in Harrisonburg
, and the surrounding areas, make sure to download our free Vacation Guide
! Still in the planning stages? Browse our availability and see for yourself how wonderful a visit to Harrisonburg can be! Contact us today to book your Shenandoah Valley getaway.